Sunday, July 10, 2011

FEBRUARY 17 SEVEN FOUNDERS OF THE ORDER OF SERVITES

FEBRUARY 17

533 SEVEN FOUNDERS OF THE ORDER OF SERVITES,
RELIGIOUS

CCC Cross Reference:
Rom 8:26-39 2739; Rom 8:26-27 2634; Rom 8:26 741, 2559, 2630, 2736; Rom 8:27 2543, 2736, 2766; Rom 8:28-30 1821, 2012; Rom 8:28 313, 395; Rom 8:29 257, 381, 501, 1161, 1272, 2790
Ps 34:3 716; Ps 34:8 336
Mt 19:23-29 2053; Mt 19:23-24 226; Mt 19:26 276, 308, 1058; Mt 19:28 765
 
From the Common of Holy Men and Women: For Religious, p. 1880,

OR

FIRST READING

Brothers and sisters:
The Spirit comes to the aid of our weakness;
for we do not know how to pray as we ought,
but the Spirit himself intercedes with inexpressible groanings.
And the one who searches hearts
knows what is the intention of the Spirit,
because he intercedes for the holy ones
according to God's will.
We know that all things work for good for those who love God,
who are called according to his purpose.
For those he foreknew he also predestined
to be conformed to the image of his Son,
so that he might be the firstborn
among many brothers.
And those he predestined he also called;
and those he called he also justified;
and those he justified he also glorified.

RESPONSORIAL PSALM

R . (2) I will bless the Lord at all times.
or:
R . (9) Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.

I will bless the LORD at all times;
his praise shall be ever in my mouth.       *
Let my soul glory in the LORD;
the lowly will hear and be glad.
R . I will bless the Lord at all times.
or:
R . Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.

Glorify the LORD with me,
let us together extol his name.
I sought the LORD, and he answered me
and delivered me from all my fears.
R . I will bless the Lord at all times.
or:
R . Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.

Look to him that you may be radiant with joy,
and your faces may not blush with shame.
When the poor one called out, the LORD heard,
and from all his distress he saved him.
R . I will bless the Lord at all times.
or:
R . Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.

The angel of the LORD encamps
around those who fear him, and delivers them.
Taste and see how good the LORD is;
blessed the man who takes refuge in him.
R . I will bless the Lord at all times.
or:
R . Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.

Fear the LORD, you his holy ones,
for nought is lacking to those who fear him.
The great grow poor and hungry;
but those who seek the LORD want for no good thing.
R. I will bless the Lord at all times.
or:
R. Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.

GOSPEL

Peter said to Jesus,
"We have given up everything and followed you.
What will there be for us?"
Jesus said to them "Amen, 1 say to you
that you who have followed me, in the new age,
when the Son of Man is seated on his throne of glory,
will yourselves sit on twelve thrones,
judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters
or father or mother or children or lands
for the sake of my name will receive a hundred times more,
and will inherit eternal life."

Back to Memorial Bench

No comments: