Thursday, November 24, 2016

NOVEMBER 25 - MEMORIAL OF SAINT CATHERINE OF ALEXANDRIA

NOVEMBER 25 - MEMORIAL OF SAINT CATHERINE OF ALEXANDRIA, VIRGIN AND MARTYR

683C


Below are the readings suggested for this Memorial. However, readings for the Memorial may also be taken from the Common of Martyrs (#713-718), or the Common of Virgins (#731-736).

CCC Cross Reference:
Rv 21:1-22:5 117; Rv 21:5 1044; Rv 21:6 694,1137; Rv 21:7 2788
Ps 124:8 287
Mt 10:28 363,1034; Mt 10:29-31 305; Mt 10:32-33 1816; Mt 10:32 14,2145

Reading 1: Rv 21:5-7 

The One who was seated on the throne said:
"Behold, I make all things new."
Then he said, "Write these words down,
for they are trustworthy and true."
He said to me, "They are accomplished.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.
To the thirsty I will give a gift
from the spring of life-giving water.
The victor will inherit these gifts,
and I shall be his God,
and he will be my son."


Responsorial Psalm: Ps 124:2-3, 4-5, 7cd-8

R. (7) Our soul has been rescued like a bird from the fowler's snare.

Had not the LORD been with us–
When men rose up against us,
then would they have swallowed us alive
When their fury was inflamed against us. 
R. Our soul has been rescued like a bird from the fowler's snare.


Then would the waters have overwhelmed us;
The torrent would have swept over us;
over us then would have swept
the raging waters. 
R. Our soul has been rescued like a bird from the fowler's snare.


Broken was the snare,
and we were freed.
Our help is in the name of the LORD,
who made heaven and earth. 
R. Our soul has been rescued like a bird from the fowler's snare.


Gospel: Mt 10:28-33

Jesus said to his Apostles:
"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body
but cannot kill the soul;
rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy
both soul and body in Gehenna.
Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin?
Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father's knowledge.
Even all the hairs of your head are counted.
So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Everyone who acknowledges me before others
I will acknowledge before my heavenly Father.
But whoever denies me before others,

I will deny before my heavenly Father."


No comments: